The Controversial Process of Redesigning the Wheelchair Symbol
by Natasha Frost
What Does It Mean to Be a Doctor with a Disability?
by Elana Gordon
What It’s Like to Be a Disabled Model in the Fashion Industry
by Keah Brown for Teen Vogue
“Crip Feelings/Feeling Crip”: a lecture by Brady Forrest of George Washington University. This talk is part of the Disability and the Emotions series at Liverpool Hope University’s Centre for Culture and Disability Studies.
- Creative Practice as Mutual Recovery: Connecting Communities for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Dialogues on Disability
- Duke University’s Disability Pride Week (events, artists, activism projects)
- Composing Access Project: How to enhance accessibility at conferences
- Leaving Evidence: a blog by Mia Mingus, writer, educator, and community organizer for disability and transformative justice
- The Mighty: a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities
- Without a Space: A Depressed Black Woman’s Guide to Graduate School
- Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
- Disability Law Journal at UCLA
- Disability Studies Quarterly
- Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies
For a full list of disability resources available to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Iowa, please visit https://diversity.uiowa.edu/disability-resources.